Sunday, May 29, 2011

lifes a blur....

since Friday morning Life has been an absolute blur... a roller coaster of emotions ... and total exhaustion.
Kerries funeral was today... my heart aches with sorrow and pride in my nieces who managed to get up and sing, yeah Brit lost it a couple times but, I cant help but think... thank God it was not me, first of all I cant carry a tune in a bucket and second I cant speak much less sing at a funeral.  So I cried for them cause I can do that. 
It was beautiful a version of Amazing Grace that... well was just simply beautiful.
Savannah told of something she and her mother had talked about a few months ago and read a poem at the Graveside and because so many people were there It was kind of hard to hear... that and Bradley was being a very busy wide open 2 yr old.
Anyway... Kerrie would be so proud of how things went... and someday we will meet again...

5 comments:

joanne said...

hugs and love, my heart to yours...

Grandma Tillie's Bakery said...

I am aching with you--I didn't know her but that doesn't matter. We can all relate to the deep heartache that overwhelms when someone we love passes away.

Bluebird49 said...

Oh Sweetie--I am so so very sorry, and so proud of those girls for singing and reading. I could not have done it. I know you are worn out, and I hope you get some rest tonight!

TonjiaT said...

hugs to you and your family Laura, and all of my prayers.. I am so sorry for your loss

Debbie said...

I am so sorry Laura. Sending big hugs to all of you ♥