Friday, December 2, 2011

MRI today

well I have never considered my self to be claustrophobic(how ever it is spelled) but I must confess I nearly freaked out... after the first 4 or 5 seconds I knew this was gonna be a  trip and kept reminding myself of all the babies /children who go through this type of tests and figured if they can do it I can too...

I did have to ask to be let out when she was putting the dye in my veins, but i still could not move my head. BUT in the end I survived it... the nurse heard my bones popping when I stood up after an hour and 15 minutes in the machine and kind of laughed told her they were thanking her for letting me out!

I have a disc with the pictures of my brain, but am not sure how to save them from the disc to my computer.  But in my educated mind the best i can GUESS at this point is that I did not see a tumor of any kind in my head... however I also don't have any visible ventricles on the right and very little on the left and my left eye orbit is much smaller in one view because of the swelling of my brain pushing into it.
 
I have lost just about all of the vision in my left eye and if it continue like it has in the last 3 weeks I figure I will be completely sightless in my left eye very soon.  I am hoping/ praying that If this is pseudotumorcerebri that once they get the pressure and fluids in my brain regulated that my sight will return.

The nurse said that  the dr should have my MRI results on monday and if my vision gets worse to call him on monday. Anyway thats where things are today :)

God bless you and keep you until we meet again ! Love n hugs and thank you for the prayers :)

10 comments:

joanne said...

I have certainly missed something along the way...I'm so sorry, I didn't know you were having problems. Praying for you with all my heart my friend.

Debbie said...

Oh my...an hour and 15 mins? They should have given you something to calm you down. The new machines aren't so small. The only one I ever had I had the same problem as you did.

The vision is changing fast, so hopefully on Monday, you'll hear something. Is it 3 weeks until the neurologist?

You are in my thoughts and prayers and only a phone call away!

Love and hugs ♥

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for the update. You've been on my mind. Prayers continue.

TonjiaT said...

Laura I wish you didn't have to go through this... you are in my prayers..

Debbie said...

In my prayers dear friend. ILY!
God Bless~
Debbie

Karen Deborah said...

My friend Suszy just told me you are sick! I'm so sorry sweetie. Thanks for posting your progress.

Bluebird49 said...

Laura--you are in my prayers, and I will see that you get put on the church prayer list, too. I don't understand anything about this pseudo--thing--but I just pray and pray that your vision will return, and that all the fluids that should not be there will go away. I pray right now that by Monday--your eye will return to it's normal self, and you will be healed by God in a mighty way! Amen!

Ellen said...

You fared well. I was supposed to have an MRI of my head and had a panic attack before I got into the machine - the stabilizer they put over my head made me feel like I was being suffocated. I even had trouble in and open MRI on my knee.

Hope all goes well.

Debbie said...

Any news yet Laura? Please know I am thinking of you and praying also!!

God Bless~
Debbie

Chris H said...

I would have gone to sleep in there for that long!
I hope you get some good news soon.