Thursday, May 5, 2011

I took Pictures of

the front and my flower garden and the new sod that Michael put out to help stop with the washing.
 remember you can click each pic to embiggen. :)  I picked all shade loving plants except for the marigolds... I LOVE marigolds they just make me happy.
 I brought my boy and girl from the back to the front wall they are just two old friends that I have had forever and some of the gnomes made their way to the front as well...
 these little star gazers / cloud watchers have been checking things out  around here and keeping me informed on what happens when I am not around to watch for my self.
 In retrospect I should have put the ferns at the other end and the low ground cover plants at this end as it is higher ... well appears higher but its really not just the ground level inside is a bit higher... anyway it will all work fine in the end..
 these pink flowers have the sweetest smell i love them.
 I now have two elephant ears coming up ... they were planted here a couple years back and we were not too sure if they would come back at all but they are... Love them too... they grow like crazy in the pond then we replant them all over and see what happens.
 the two plants in the planters at the bottom of the porch... i found for a dollar each at foodlion, have not a clue what they are nor what they will do but figure for a buck I cant go wrong...
we are loving the sod grass when it rained nothing washed at all and hopefully soon the other grass will fill in and keep looking really good ... but odds are that it will soon be hot with no rain and all will turn brown and suffer but it will slowly establish and do what we want the yard to do... I can still see clearly 20 years ago when there was absolutely NO grass in the front yard and Michael had plowed the weeds and rocks and put seed out and a million plugs of centipede grass...
I have not taken pics yet but the straw bale garden is growing like a wild fire, we have a lot of blooms on the tomato's and everything has grown several inches.. we are looking into getting a bee hive as we are thinking a big part of our lack of produce each year is poor pollination of the plants.
well that's it for today.... hope you have had a wonderful Thursday and will have a Fantastic Friday Tomorrow... God bless :)

8 comments:

joanne said...

very nice...you've been working hard out there! Once those flowers/plants fill in things will be gorgeous and I can't wait to see those pics..;j

Chris H said...

Your garden and home look lovely. I love the pots framing the steps.

abb said...

You're a peach, Miss Peach!

farmlady said...

Well look at all of this... It's BEAUTIFUL!
That's a lot of work but it's worth it when it turns out like this.
Now, sit down and have a big glass of Sweet tea.
You and the Hub did really good.....

Mental P Mama said...

That is going to be amazing when they all get established! Love it!

Chris H said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BRADLEY and SIENNA!

TonjiaT said...

what gardeners you guys are! your landscaping looks wonderful!!

give that Bradley a big birthday hug for me, OK?

Sassy said...

L O V E it all!!!! I am so spoiled by the like button on facebook....I am lost here anymore.......it is very pretty!