Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Serenity....

Ok so I actually took these pics on saturday with the exception of the first which was last month that I hunted down to show Helen ... the plant closest which is a bit blurry is the little round leaved plant that bloomed yellow that you sent me . The other I have a pic somewhere but it will be easier to take a new pic than to try to find in the hundreds of folders ...
my front flower bed needs to be weeded so badly ... maybe I will feel up to it this morning... since I am up so early... I apparently have the time to go do it before Bradley comes... He is spending the day and night here :)
 I have managed to get sick... have not been sick in ages... but apparently have a summer cold.... GAH... I took vit C with rose hips, zyrtec, sudafed, niquil, tylenol and my glucosamine last night and by 11 pm was out cold.... I woke sometime in the night in a puddle of sweat but... felt pretty good. and once I get all this built up gunk out of my head will probably feel even better.  :)  It was kind of funny to see me sitting trying to watch a movie last night with my jacket on and a blanket because I have been freezing for two days... in 100 degree heat... only me! 

Years ago... when stephanie first got pregnant before we knew he would be a boy I found this adorable pink dress that has "animal" from the muppets on it... Cory is an animal fan, has an animal tatoo ect... anyway after "swimming" the other day I put it on Bradley LOL... its still too big and as you see he wore it HIS WAY...
He was saying "cheese".
 I think we pretty much have the pool the way we want it... any "LITTLE" project around here turns into a BIG project pretty quickly but ... its all fun!   just follow the green carpet road to the cooling off spot!
 ALL projects around here also have some sort of redneck engineering involved as well....
 you can click to embiggen all pics.. but the one below especially ... as if you do you might find the hidden dragon fly in the pic :)
 my pathetic garden... was so pretty and so full of blooms... two hail storms and 15,  100 degree heat days ago.... its hanging on but... my hopes are lagging on it really doing more than be another exercise in futility...
 Diamond, Bogie, and Bullet say Hi.... speaking of fish I had to laugh at my sister... we were in academy sports getting some stuff and she came across these toy fish for pools... they are pretty good sized and you put batteries in them and they will "swim" in your pool... she said you can get these and then have fishies in your yard.... I laughed and said I already do !  they were adorable though the little NEMO and the TURTLE might would have come home with me had I not previously spent my allowance on books :) 
 and lastly just because it is so purty.... one of the blooms in the pond yesterday!
Hope you have a blessed Sunday and week coming.
Love n hugs ME!

3 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Oh--the pool looks great--and I wish I had one in my backyard! I'd be in it most days--and although my white skin would blind the neighbors, they could always look the other way! Have fun--and feel better. Sounds like you're running a fever!

Karen Deborah said...

I am sorry you are sick. Your place is really coming along! In spite of the bad weather. I don't even have a garden this year. Other than the zennia's which grow like weeds. Marigolds are easy to grow and the dollar store was selling boxes of those seeds. Looks like what you have on the corners.
We have redneck in us too, well my hunny does. He calls it Joe MaGee.

Mental P Mama said...

Feel better my friend! Love the pics. And LOVE redneck engineering...ain't nuthin' better in my book!