Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New dr today....

Today I met with an Infectious diease dr,  He ordered a ton more blood work , some, most infact is repeats of what I have had done before.   The diagnosis is NEURORETINITIS... the cause is STILL UNKNOWN.  He also changed my  anitbotic to a stronger one for a month, and if that does not work and depending on the lab results then IV antibotics.  and maybe steriods... they are testing for some interesting things ... TB is one, because yes at some point in my 16 yr nursing carrier I have worked with and been exposed to TB... my skin tests and X rays are all clear... so this is called a GOLD test... and is done with blood,  they are also redoing the cat scratch fever titers as they will often give a false negative... but when reading on Diffuse Unilateral Subacute Neuroretinitis   which is another name tossed out today... is really bizzare and is caused more or less by cat scratch fever... is a WORM!!!  EEK.... anyway   the pics of my eye are way cooler than the ones they show when you look this up on line , however there are totally identical looks about them... I took a pic of my eye pics with my phone so its a bit crooked...
anyway we are still on the hunt for a cause and hopefully finally on the right track for a treatment even without knowing. anyway thats the news of today...
Hope all is well in your necks of the woods :)
Love n hugs
God bless you and keep you until we meet again :)

8 comments:

joanne said...

I hope the answers will be forthcoming soon Peach, is your vision any better?

farmlady said...

Like Jojo, I hope that they come up with an answer for you soon. I can't believe all the tests you are going through.
The eye pictures are very interesting.

Bluebird49 said...

Still praying for you nightly, Laura!

Debbie said...

Hope you don't have to wait long for the results and that they come up with a reason soon. Like I said, I know this has to be so frustrating for you.

You are still in my prayers...

Love and hugs!

Mental P Mama said...

Oh how I hope for an answer soon! Thank you so much for your sweet text last night...love to you. L.

Jeannelle said...

The pictures are fascinating, but I'm sorry you have to go through all this.

Sassy said...

Yes I agree the pictures are fascinating....but up and running is my wish for you my friend...you are still tucked in my prayers my dear friend.....and hopefully soon very soon the doctors will {see more clearly} what is the big culprit tha has been the thorn in your side...soooo you can get this kicked in the patooty!!!! XOXOXOX

Chris H said...

EYE BALLS Batman !.... I do hope they find out what the problem is EVENTUALLY!